SEVEN THINGS I BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME.
Okay, I think some of you may already know the first one. I have written a full blog post about it.
- I was born a breech baby. Breech babies are babies born with their legs or bombom coming out first instead of their heads. I came out with one leg first, then the other, and then my whole body. It’s a rare and very risky way of child bearing. Statistics has it that you would hardly find one out of a hundred babies born that way. As a matter of fact, apart from reading about it, I have seen no other person in real life born that way. Please if you were, let’s connect biko, we have something special in common. Lol. Read full story here.
- I used to be a very quiet and shy girl, but strong willed! You see, that strong will is the reason I survived many things and thrived while growing up, including my birth. Being strong willed is a very good thing alright. Good. Now I was so quiet as a child that my mum used to say you could put a pinch of salt in my mouth and go to the market, come back and the salt will still be there and not melt because I would not have opened my mouth nor said anything to anyone. Lol. You wouldn’t try that these days though because the salt would have melted before it even entered my mouth! 😜 I am still that quiet girl who likes to be alone many times, but I can talk now.
- I attended five different primary schools, three secondary schools and two universities. Spent a semester at the University of Abuja then finished from the University of Benin. Please clap for me.
- I am sure you didn’t know I broke my left arm four different times, like bone broken right at the same spot every time! Plus a car accident that got my leg fractured. But you can hardly tell any of that today. The scars are still there, though small, but they remind me of the many wars I have fought and won!!
- I used to tell lots of stories to other children when I was a child. I would gather children in our neighborhood, they would all sit around me while I tell them, sometimes very funny and other times very scary stories! You still find this trait in some of my stories on Write Your Hustle Series every Friday, here at BeInspired Show.
- Mercy is not a fan of makeup. But I like it when I have a speaking engagement or a wedding party to attend. However, you would hardly see me do that one they draw under the eyelid. It scares me too much. I keep blinking my eyes and just won’t let you. Plus the tears. 😭😭😭
They are plenty o.. But we are already at number seven. Ok, I will tell you this one.
- I like looking at myself in the mirror! My late grandma used to say it’s because I am beautiful. She had a proverb for me every time she sees me holding the mirror: “When a fine girl picks the mirror, she does not drop it”. Winks… 😋
Finally brethren, allow me to give you jara. 😅
- Do you know I am the Convener of the Content Strategy Forum coming up on the 5th and 6th of June? Have you registered? If not, what are you waiting for? Sign up NOW and get onboard!!!
Thank you for listening to my TEDTalk
Peace, Light and Love.
Online Business Consultant
Content Strategist Author.
Like to see some of our stories on write your hustle series. Click here
Like to get some inspiration on entrepreneurship, click here
Like to learn about content creation for social media click here!