“Greatness is not in one special place, and it’s not in one special person. Greatness is wherever you are trying to find it”.Quote by NIKE
If there is anything I have come to understand, one thing I am certain about is that everyone; you, me and everyone else is made for greatness!
Greatness is not meant to be for a set of persons. Not celebrities, not top leaders, not the wealthy. As a matter of fact, all these other things comes about because these persons found and harnessed their greatness!
Inert in everyman is Greatness!
Greatness is for everybody.
But the question is why are some persons great and others not? Why does it seem some persons are living their dreams, living their best life and others are just struggling to survive?
It’s simple, and I will show you. Trust me, this is something you will need in this coming year. And if you already wrote your goals for 2020, put this at the very top of it.
This is all that makes the difference! My simple definition of personal development is your total commitment to your own self. The best form of commitment ever!
People are quick to commit to anything but to themselves. How wrong! How limiting!!
Staying committed to yourself, your own growth, your own progress is the first principle for personal development.
A personal pursuit to becoming great by learning ways, skills to becoming a better version of you.
You need to be more focused on your growth than on your goals. Doing things better than you used to, taking responsibility for yourself and your actions.
- It is personal development that empowers you to face your fears! Fear is man greatest self enemy. This four-letter word have stopped millions from living their dreams and becoming great! The greatest men that have ever lived have their fears just as you do now.
Whether it’s the fear of failing – trust me, you will only regret not trying than you will ever regret failing! Is it the fear of ‘not good enough’, the fear of what people will say, fear of the unknown…
Whatever fear it is, you’ve got to face it! God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of love, of power and of a sound mind! See my blog post on overcoming your fears and winning.
- Personal development strengthens you to value and appreciate your time. A waste of time is a waste of life. You’ve got to say to yourself that 2020 is the year to maximize every single minute of your time. Cut off the excesses! Use your time wisely, redeeming the time because the days are evil.
- It is personal development that forces you to wake up and grind while others sleep. And please note, the problem has never been that you sleep, but how productive you are when you are awake.
- It is personal development that tells you to read, continue reading and learning. I’m sorry, I don’t know of any great man who skipped this phase. Not one! Learning is the core of personal development. I could write a full blog post on this. You’ve got to be open to learning, deliberate and committed to reading wide, in fact have a reading schedule, learn new skills, be curious. Pursue knowledge! And in all thy getting, get understanding!
- Personal development forces you to reach out into your own creative powers. Finding creative and innovative ways to do things. Creativity is a vital ingredient that sets you apart for greatness.
- Personal development will push you to be around the right people. People who are harnessing their great potentials, people who are living purposefully, people who will not talk you down, but motivate and inspire you to greatness. You’ve got to build great relationships and network.
- Personal development encourages you to take good care of yourself. Yes!
Eat good/healthy food and in time.
Exercise when you have to.
Get enough rest and sleep. etc
- Last but not least, personal development inspires you to serve and be of value to your community, your society and the people around you. Serving is a beautiful way to discover a lot of your great potentials!
So now, If you have been wondering how 2020 will look like, start from here; The pursuit of greatness by an unwavering commitment to your own self, your personal growth and development!
CHEERS TO YOUR GREATEST YEAR EVER! 2020!!!
Online Business Consultant, Content Strategist, Author
Yet to get a copy of my eBook Power Content? Click here